Hi, my name is Leslie (Les) Legg and I am a sailing instructor with the Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) and the American Sailing Association (ASA).
I learned to sail when I was 15 years old and have been sailing ever since. Over the years, my love for sailing has been transformed into a love of sailing and teaching.
My objective is to make sailing fun, safe and understandable. Lessons are tailored to individual skill levels so if you have never stepped on a boat before, don’t let that stop you from learning to sail.
I use the guided discovery method of teaching – you learn from doing, but more importantly, you learn why you are doing it.
Join me and awaken your senses to all that is sailing!
Les has the following sailing and sailing related certifications:
- St. John Ambulance First Aid Certification
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card – safe boating course instructor
- Radio Operators Card (VHF Marine Radio)
- Instructor for Radio Operators Card – Marine
- CYA Basic Cruising Standard
- CYA Learn to Cruise Instructor Certification
- CYA Coastal Navigation Instructor Certification
- ASA 101 Basic Keel Boat
- ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising
- ASA 104 Bareboat Cruising
- ASA 105 Coastal Navigation
- ASA 106 Advanced Coastal Cruising
- ASA 201 Instructor – Basic Keel Boat
- ASA 203 Instructor – Basic Coastal Cruising
- ASA 204 Instructor – Bareboat Chartering
- ASA 205 Instructor – Coastal Navigation
- CYA Celestial Navigation Certification